Friday, October 30, 2015

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Bars


I am trying to come up with a selection of easy gluten free baking recipes that use a minimum amount of ingredients.  Many times I read comments on the internet where people say they don't want to try baking gluten free because there are so many different flours.  I figure that fine rice flour is much like white all purpose flour and if I can adjust some recipes so that they will only use rice flour or one other flour it will be much like baking before our celiac/gluten free days.  The nice thing with this recipe is that it does not require guar gum or xanthan gum.  The teenagers came home from school and each daughter said "wow, these are good!" can I have another one?".  These are my kids who do not require a gluten free diet so I figure the chocolate chip bars pass the taste test!

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Bars - Easy!  Delicious!

1 c butter, melted
2 c brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 cups fine rice flour - I use Asian
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup dates, finely chopped
Mix in order given.
Spread in a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake @ 325 for 30 minutes until golden brown and tester inserted comes clean. Chill before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment