Thursday, January 15, 2015

SpicyTomato Vegetable Soup - no noodles

I'm trying to reduce starches in my diet - especially in areas where I won't miss it so much.   I really enjoy this soup and do not miss the noodles at all!
Spicy Tomato Vegetable Soup
3 cups chicken stock
3 cups pureed tomatoes (I had canned my own)
10 cups water
200 grams diced chicken
1 grated carrot
1 cup diced green beans
2 leaks- sliced thin
3 celery stalks sliced thin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup dried parsley
1-2 tablespoons diced hot peppers or sambal oelek - depending on how much heat you want.
salt - (I used 4 teaspoons as my homemade stock had no added salt.  First taste your soup before adding salt)
Bring to a boil in a large Dutch oven, reduce heat and simmer for one hour.  Adjust seasonings if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment